Monday, July 23, 2007

A response from "The Believer"

NOTE: My apologies to Ali from Kuwait. The Believer is not him. The near anonymous woman that left the post said "Read the Quran and we can talk again :)" Since I have NEVER talked to her and she implied we had, my natural assumption was that she was Ali. She also exhibited the same "ONE OF US, ONE OF US" hive mentality. I should have known better.

I am editing this portion of the blog with the knowledge of the identity of "The Believer"

The Anonymous musilm woman known as "The Believer" and her all-wise post on my blog...

"Ken,Can I ask you a question? A simple one-are you a happy man deep inside? That is, are you a relaxed always-smiling soul who gets up in the morning ready to live? Or do you look for escapes, drink alcohol (I can see you smoke):) etc, as a means to drown your deep distress which you cannot put a finger on? Please ponder upon this question and then ponder further on the fact that you cannot stop the supernatural to invade your life. Your soul is supernatural and its happiness and peace depends on how you think and live.Who gives us happiness? GOD!"

Sure I like to drink and smoke and I know plenty of religious people that do so as well. I know Christians, Jews and Muslims that drink and smoke. As for my deep distress... There are alot of ugly people in this world that do ugly things for god, money, country, greed, lust, jealousy etc. I have empathy for those that suffer from the actions of those that abuse power. Empathy causes my distress, not a lack of a god. If there really was a god, why did he let the world get to such a state? He killed millions in the bible that allegedly disobeyed him, why not now? Why do little children suffer from war, hunger, drought and disease? Oh, I guess he "doesn't want us to know" why he's such a negligent creep.

"The supernatural rules when we look at imminent global warming, global dimming, greenhouse effect and also other natural calamities (droughts,floods,etc), not mentioning AIDS which is clearly some punishment from HIM you don't believe in! Promiscuity could result in someone contracting HIV,etc. Who creates those? Can you answer that? If no vaccine is found it means God doesn't want it to be found!"

Okay, so now global warming is supernatural? Did I miss this study? Did the 10% of scientists that didn't think global warming was caused by man think that cars were made by god? So all the kids in this world that got AIDS from blood transfusions or dirty needles are being punished by allah? What a prick. You're making Atheism sound safer and safer. I sleep with one woman and never use needles. Don't worry about me. I'm avoiding gods little viral fatwa.

"Rania can be queen or whatever, she may be a strong believer in the ONE GOD, she may live her life as a believing muslim which is we respect. But since we are talking about headscarf and dress code, if she knows her islam she should know that she is committing a sin by even showing a STRAND of hair to strangers (men)not mentioning some other skin. She should know that, and clearly you don't know that either. She is not the perfect example to choose. Sorry, it is a weak example. Generally it is better to look at a nun than to look at some prostitute looking woman."

Queen Rania looks like a prostitute? That's pathetic. This is where all hard line muslims lose the argument.

Islam is popular among men because it allows men to control women. You have the "big man", god, telling the little men to cover their wives "around strange men" (a little parainod since I though you believed we are all god's children) and muslim men are also allowed to beat their wives. Most muslims don't argue this, they only argue how big of a stick they can use. It's misogynistic and repulsive to me... Especially the part about 70 dark eyed virgins (or white raisins - depending on which translation you go by) that await men in heaven. Pardon my french, but that is truly fucked up. Why do men need that promise? Why do men need so many women on earth or heaven? Why does someone's body need to be an object of shame? Simple answer: GOD DIDN'T MAKE THESE RULES! MEN MADE THEM! The quran was written by a man's hand with tools man created, so the simple conclusion is that man came up with the ideas within it.

Why do women become muslims? Because they are "born into it" (forced in my opinion) or are terrified of allah. I'm sure there are other reasons, but fear of "no heaven" seems to be prevalent.

"You don't have to be a rocket scientist to understand that vices including drugs, alcohol, fornicating, etc are wrong. Why are they known as VICES? We are all sinners, you should know that. Man is fallible in many ways."

i.e. Controlling and abusing women to mask their own insecurities. Not to mention polygamy and lusting after astral virgins. Fornication is a vice? Fornication is the act people perform to make babies. Making babies is a vice?

By the way Believer, I am a strange man, should you even be speaking to me?

"The aim of religion especially Islam is to provide answers to troubled souls( like you perhaps,even if you live in denial) - Have you read about Intelligent Design which has caused Darwin to become obsolete? (his theory especially) Then go and find out about it.- Have you read a Quran? You should know that there is a section in the Quran where the development of the foetus in the womb is described in details which were only confirmed centuries later with technology! Such details could only have been known by SOMEONE who knew and still knows everything. Your Creator!"

The aim of religion is to conquer. Especially the middle easter religions. Your response to me is proof. You are trying to exploit personal weaknesses so I react, then tell me not to react, then call me troubled, then offer an answer. It's near flawless psychological warfare. Just know there are people smart enough not to fall for it.

Sorry B, the fetus argument holds no water. It's been debunked repeatedly. In true misogynistic style, the womans contribution to the child is left out. With all of the people that were being slaugtered by Muhammed's followers, why not dissect a few for scientific study? I'm sure miscarrages were pretty prevalent in all stages of pregnancy considering the conditions in which people lived. You prove nothing with this argument.

"I think that, you Ken haven't sat down to read the entirety of the Quran (translations are available)or any other previous Scriptures for that matter. You must know your facts! Please don't talk out of ignorance!Just REMEMBER one thing, the supernatural is beyond you, whether you like it or not, whether you acknowledge it or not. Ask yourself what is the fastest growing religion or belief system in the world? You know it is Islam and certainly not Atheism! Why? Simply because Islam has God's protection, The real Islam which is in the Quran (which you should read with an open mind) and in the example of the Holy Prophet Mohammad (Peace Be Upon Him)is growing because God wants it to. It is a supernatural process and no one can stop it:)Don't be blinded by the unfortunate acts of terrorism by individuals who are driven by personal motives. Islam is not that. Read the Quran then we can talk again:)Good luck:)"

I've read the old and new testaments and went to Christian school for many years. I think you have found false wisdom and a way to make yourself feel better by treading on the dignity of others. None of your arguments have any specific information as to why creationism makes sense. Creationism makes Darwinism obsolete?!?!? Where are you getting your information?

If you truly believe a book written by people not nearly as intelligent as we are today, then get off the internet and give up any advancement man has made in the last thousand plus years and stay in your fantasy world. Stop watching TV too. It was invented by non-muslim westerners.
Also, anytime you use a computer, you are funding an Atheist, Bill Gates.

No great loss if we ever talk, which we never have. Your a great follower but a rotten induvidual.
In closing, the reason why there are so many religious people in the world is because of fear and terror of the unknown. When you are offered an old concept accepted by your ancestors, it's easy to fall into that belief. Islam may be growing faster than any other ideology and it makes sense. There are many poor people without hope that have been trod on by rich westerners and lousy governements. When you have nothing, you fill that void with the only hope you have, even if it is fictional. I pity anyone that lives in such conditions and resorts to such futile ideologies. I have hope in my fellow man that I can see, speak to or help without bending them to my will.

Forever an atheist,
Ken

2 comments:

Lord of Logic said...

LOL, Boy Ali is inspiring me to drink and smoke more. I am a very happy well adjusted individual. I love to drink, and I am pretty fond of smoking. Being from the Cleveland area myself I am sure you can understand my frustration with people telling me where and how I can treat my body. I am tired of people unwilling to make a choice for them selves infringing on my pleasure and choice.

I too don’t believe in any supreme being. It is obvious that a huge piece of the puzzle is missing. I also have a catholic upbringing. I quested long and hard before arriving at the understanding that no god created by man is any more real then the ones the Romans made up thousands of years ago.

I have many Christian friends. I have met a few that attempted to condemn drinking. I say to them that there is a very popular story in the bible where Jesus turns water into wine at a wedding. He didn’t do it the other way around. It seems he should have been able to if he had the power. Secondly I ask if they know the story about the father who gave his three sons money to keep. Two invest and lose it. One buries it thinking he would gain the favor of his father. His father is mad at the one buried it. He said that He had given them propagate and grow. No mater what your belief, life is a pretty unique thing. I would expect use of the vehicle through it, “the body” to be used up. Not coddled and nursed. Nobody else is going to get it when I am one. No reason to have mileage left on it when I go. I fly by the seat of my pants. I work hard, play harder, and live as fast as I can without hurting the people that I care about. If there is an afterlife I plan on handing the body over going, “sheesh, don’t think you can even get any good parts off of that one.”
No matter what your religion, anybody who doesn’t understand that point, doesn’t understand the meaning of this whole thing.

I see you are new to this blogging stuff. Go here, http://www.statcounter.com, sign up for it is free. It lest you see a hit counter, and it lets you track exactly where people are viewing your site from. It is cool to see people from all over the world reading my thoughts. What a great time to be alive!! I have added you to a list of blogs on my site. If you should decide to start something like that please include a link to mine. www.logicandpolitics.blogspot.com

Thank,
Lord of Logic

Bex said...

Hi Ken!!

I gotta say, you're one of the coolest, friendliest, most giving, and happiest people I know. I'm glad to call you one of my friends.

I gotta say, my whole life started to make sense once I rejected the belief in a deity, and I was a lot happier and more at peace with myself. Maybe not happy with the delusional around me, but hey, I was doin' good. I always thought there was something a little odd with the Bible. Even when I was a kid, I was disturbed by the lack of dinosaurs in the creation legend. While admittedly scary at first, once you look at the universe with the idea that there is no invisible man looking out for us, everything can just fall easily into place.

After all, if Adam and Eve were in fact the first man and woman, and that is where all of creation came from, why doesn't every other religion have the same (or even a similar) story?

Anyhoo, love the blog, here's a few links I was telling you about:

What's Wrong with Blasphemy?
James Randi Educational Foundation -be sure to check out the forum there, good times.

Until next time!!